Solo event discussions
By glenrodgers
The sun was out with beautiful blue skies for the Solo Drumming event at the Waipu Highland Games on New Year’s Day (2011).

The event more than doubled in size from the previous year, had a total prize pool of $3,550.00 (NZ) up for grabs, and product & skype lessons sponsored by J.Reid Maxwell, Glen Rodgers and James Laughlin.

With twenty-four competitors across nineteen events, the drummers drew the crowds from 9:30am until 5:00pm.

This event created much enthusiasm throughout the pipe band drumming community with competitors from as far away as Christchurch and Scotland competing.

My special thanks go to the Waipu Caledonian Society for allowing me to run the event; James and Reid for their sponsorship; Reid for his encouragement, guidance and for judging; Jamie McEwan for allowing me to use his contest rules; Graeme Norton for acting as Drumming Steward, all the drummers who supported by either playing, being there, or sending messages of support; finally my wife Ange for looking after our son Annan all day which allowed me to run things and also compete.

Cheers

Glen Rodgers

For results go to my web page: http://www.glenrodgers.com/blog-2/
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]